* Saturday, July 25, 2015
* 8:00 am until Noon (Vendor setup 6:30 am to 8:00 am)
* At the Santa Fe Depot...1170 West Third Street, San Bernardino, CA 92410
* Admission: $4.00 donation. Accompaning spouse and under 18 free.
* Contact: Larry (951) 686-7890 or Gary (909) 794-3153 email@example.com
* In 1983, Southern Pacific and Santa Fe (SPSF) agreed to merge, hence many new paint schemes were tested.
* Seen here in the fall of 1985 is Santa Fe SD-45 #5394 after receiving its new "Kodachrome" paint job in San Bernardino.
* ATSF 5394 was in the process of being upgraded and rebuilt at San Bernardino, and became the first full-size engine to receive the proposed merger paint scheme. It emerged from the shops on August 6, 1985.
* The merger was ultimately disapproved by the Interstate Commerce Commission in 1987.
* Over 300 engines painted with the "Kodachrome" paint scheme had to be repainted, or were retired.
Click here for the Nov. - Dec. SFRH&MS Newsletter that contains several photographs of the SPSF paint scheme that were taken in the San Bernardino shops.
Jerusha Bemis (1799-1872)
Clare Cherry (1919-1990)
Eliza Robbins Crafts (1825-1910)
Janet Miles (1901-2008)
Maria Armenta Bermdez (1806-1858)
Mary Bennett Goodcell (1849-1909)
Sarah Jane Rousseau (1816-1872)
Lizzy Flake Rowan (1834-1908)
Mary Wixom Crandall (1834-1927)
Caterina Croce Massetti (1877-1946)
Alice Rowan Johnson (1868-1911)
Arda M. Haenszel (1910-2001)
Doroothy Inghram (1905-2012)
Pinky Brier (1909-2008)
Mourning Burnham Glenn (1814-1905)
Click here to read the stories of all of these pioneering women and their contributions to San Bernardino.