* The 2015 "Great Race" begins near St. Louis, Missouri, on June 20th and, following the historic Route 66, ends in Santa Monica, California, on June 28th.
* It is a competition based on precision driving and navigational skills in classic, antique and vintage automobiles. The event is a timed, controlled-speed, endurance rally, not a top-speed race.
* "Great Race" vehicles must have been manufactured in 1972 or earlier.
* Vehicle odometers must be covered or completely removed prior to the start of the race.
* Top prize is $50,000; entry fees vary from $1,500 to $8,00 per car, depending on the category.
* Vehicles will overnight at San Manuel Stadium in downtown San Bernardino on Saturday, June 27th.
* The Santa Fe Depot won't be involved, but the San Bernardino Historical & Pioneer Society and the History & Railroad Museum will have a booth selling drinks on Court Street starting at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, the 27th.
Click here for more information about the "Great Race".